News & Events
- May 2016 Fibertek Kicks-off another six SBIR
- April 2016 – Fibertek, Inc participates in the Annual NASA Technology Day on the Hill
- Feb 2016-NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Leadership visits the Fibertek, Inc. Herndon, Va Facility.
- Aug 2015 Fibertek delivered NASA ICESat 2
- July 2014 Fibertek Kicks-off five Advanced Technology SBIR
- June 2014 Fibertek Lasers used in NASA Mabel and Icsat2
- May 2014 NASA awards Fibertek three Phase I SBIRs
- Fibertek delivered technology for NASA Earth Science Mission
April 2016 – Fibertek, Inc participates in the Annual NASA Technology Day on the Hill
Fibertek, Inc was invited by NASA Headquarters Public Outreach for Space Science Technology Mission Directorate to participate in the Annual Technology Day on the Hill event held on Capitol Hill in the Cannon House Building on April 28, 2016. In attendance were members on the Hill from both the House of Representative s and the Senate sides as well as NASA mission Directorate management and members from NASA Headquarters Administrator’s Office. Exhibitors came from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds including Industry SBIR awardees, aerospace capability providers as well NASA sensors and capabilities developers.
Fibertek, Inc. exhibited NASA spaceflight capabilities such as the ICESat-2 EDU hardware, the Cubesat telescope model and the ISS VNS laser transmitter.
We hosted many visitors at our booth, including NASA Administrators from the Space Technology Mission Directorate and many staffers who took interest in our hardware display. We also were visited by Astronaut Kjell Lindgren who recently returned from the International Space Station and worked beside Astronaut Scott Kelly, performing space walks with him. Naturally, the astronaut took particular interest in our ISS VNS hardware display. Astronaut Kjell Lindgren is among the ISS astronauts who recently filmed the upcoming IMAX film “A Beautiful Planet”, narrated by actress Jennifer Lawrence.