News & Events
- Feb 2019 – Fibertek team completes and delivers water vapor laser to NASA to support HALO instrument
- Sept 2018 – ICESat-2 Story Board
- May 2018 – NASA Selects Fibertek for FIVE New Phase I SBIRS
- March 2018-NASA Selects Fibertek for 2 New Phase II SBIRS
- Our Summer 2017 Internship Programs
- April 2017 Fibertek awarded NASA Phase I SBIR
- May 2016 Fibertek Kicks-off another six SBIR
- April 2016 – Fibertek, Inc participates in the Annual NASA Technology Day on the Hill
- Feb 2016-NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Leadership visits the Fibertek, Inc. Herndon, Va Facility.
- Aug 2015 Fibertek delivered NASA ICESat 2
- July 2014 Fibertek Kicks-off five Advanced Technology SBIR
- June 2014 Fibertek Lasers used in NASA Mabel and Icsat2
- May 2014 NASA awards Fibertek three Phase I SBIRs
- Fibertek delivered technology for NASA Earth Science Mission
Fibertek is supporting the NASA mission with these 2 new Phase II SBIR efforts:
Z7.01-4632 –Planetary Landing Lidar – Fibertek has developed a novel Geiger mode lidar architecture that can process Geiger mode data faster than the sensor can acquire it. In this effort, we will develop space traceable low swap FPGA based data acquisition hardware. We will demonstrate the solution by using simulated data. Our goal is to show feasibility to map a 2k x2k pixel scene in less than 2 seconds.
Z8.02-6032 Technologies Enabling Distributed Spacecraft Mission (DSM) – This effort will develop new ultra-low SWaP technology that can transform our previously developed Compact Laser Communications Terminal for use in intersatellite links as well as deep space downlinks to Earth using relay satellites. This technology aligns with NASA ScaN vision of high-speed end to end space communications links.
NASA Selects Fibertek for Two New Phase II SBIRS:
Congratulations to our technical teams for developing new technology that is moving forward to a Phase II effort. NASA has selected Fibertek for the follow efforts:
Z7.01-4632 –Planetary Landing Lidar